Charles is the Chair of the Energy Pipelines CRC and has over 30 years experience in both business management and project development and delivery. He has held senior management positions in Australian and US businesses operating throughout Australia, New Zealand and Asia. His roles have included country and regional financial performance responsibilities, strategic planning and implementation, establishing stand-alone joint venture operations as well as managing the successful integration of a number of mergers and acquisitions. His project experience includes major projects in oil and gas, power, telecommunications, rail and water covering all project phases from prefeasibility to commissioning and operations.
Charles graduated from the University of Sydney with an honours degree in Civil Engineering, is a Fellow of the Institution of Engineers and a member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. He is a Past President of APIA and QUPEX
Charles has held a number of senior management positions including:
- General Manager – Williams Brothers – CMPS Engineers
- General Manager – CMPS&F Pty Ltd
- Managing Director – MWH Australia Pty Ltd
- Executive General Manager – Engineering and Construction, Transfield Services
Charles has also been directly involved in significant pipeline projects including:
- Sydney – Newcastle gas and multi-products pipelines
- Jackson – Moonie pipeline
- Roma to Gladstone State Gas Pipeline
- Kutubu export pipeline and
- Goldfields pipeline.