- CEO's Update
- CRC Activities
- Communications Activities
- Cooperative Research Centres Association
- Industry Support
- Research Projects
- Research Update
Large Energy Pipelines CRC team heading to 21st JTM in USA.
A number of Energy Pipelines CRC Researchers and members of the APGA RSC will soon head to Colorado Springs, USA for the 21st Biennial Joint Technical Meeting of APGA, PRCI and EPRG. This important event is an opportunity for the global pipeline research community to come together and share key knowledge on common areas of interest as well as identify future challenges and research directions for the industry.
For the first time, the Energy Pipelines CRC and APGA RSC will present an equal amount of papers at the event as our North American and European colleagues. This highlights the significance and impact of Energy Pipelines CRC research internationally.
A list of papers being presented by Energy Pipelines CRC researchers and APGA RSC industry members can be found below. All papers presented will be made available on the Energy Pipelines CRC website members area.
Following the JTM a group of APGA YPF members as well as two Energy Pipelines CRC young researchers, Bradley Davis and Bob Varela, will take part in a two week study tour of America and Canada visiting a broad range of pipeline companies. This is a great experience and we look forward to hear stories from their trip.
APGA RSC / Energy Pipelines CRC JTM Papers:
- Evaluation of Self-shielded Flux Cored Arc Welding Consumables in the Girth Welding of High Strength Linepipe - Frank Barbaro et al.
- Experimental Investigation of Delamination’s Impact on the Absorbed Charpy Energy of an X80 Line Pipe Steel- Bradley J. Davis et al.
- Understanding the Effects of Pipe Surface Condition on High pH Stress Corrosion Cracking - Daniel Fabijanic et al.
- Reasonably Practicable – a help or a distraction in ensuring public safety? - Jan Hayes et al.
- Process Safety Self-assessment Tools: What’s out there and what do they mean for your organisation? - Jan Hayes et al.
- New Concepts of Critical Duration and Amplitude of Anodic Transients - Ying Huo et al.
- Crossway: Pipeline Shoreline and Waterway Crossings Engineering Guideline - Eric Jas et al.
- New Findings on the Cathodic Shielding Properties of Pipeline Coatings - Mauricio Latino et al.
- Assessment of Surface Loading Models and FEM Simulation of Surface Loading Process for Shallow-burial Pipes - Cheng Lu et al.
- A comparison of burst tests on plain and notched pipes in the bare and coated condition to determine the effect of coating strain ageing on integrity - Guillaume Michal et al.
- Initial Field Trials of Electrode Arrays as Corrosion Monitoring Probes - Facundo Varela et al.