- CEO's Update
- CRC Activities
- Communications Activities
- Cooperative Research Centres Association
- Industry Support
- Research Projects
- Research Update
New Research Reports November 2017
A listing of recently completed research reports is provided below.
Completed Reports on Energy Pipelines CRC website members’ area:
RP1-06: Cracking in Polyethylene Pipelines
- Final report: Mechanisms and property changes that lead to wall failure in ageing polyethylene pipes.
RP2-12: Cathodic shielding under disbonded coating
- Milestone Report 7: Detailed report on the results of the performance of selected coatings and the effects of CP and environmental conditions.
RP2-13: Predicting pipeline failure through corrosion modelling
- Milestone Report 4: Detailed report on model/software functionality and demonstration
RP2-14: Pipeline condition monitoring sensors
- Milestone Report 7: Detailed report on field research findings on the performance of the integrated Pipeline Corrosion Monitoring system.
RP2-15: Prediction-based decision support framework for energy pipeline integrity management
- Milestone Report 3 and 4: Development and trial of integrity management system process.
RP3-13: EPCRC Fracture velocity model
- Milestone Report 3: Validation of EPCRC fracture velocity model
RP3-11B: Characteristics of natural gas pipeline blowdowns in built-up (populated) areas
- Study E: Milestone 3 Report: Gas pipeline vent design and operation – Dispersion modelling
- Study F: Milestone 4 Report: Assessment and analysis of methods to reduce blow-down noise levels during pipeline venting operations in or close to populated areas.
- Study G: Milestone 5 report: Study methods to reduce ignition potential in urban areas.
The following research report is currently out for industry review:
RP4-25: Hierarchy of controls
- Final Report: Assessment of physical and procedural controls outlined in AS2885 used to protect pipelines against external interference
RP4-26: Technical and economic regulation
- Interim report: The impact of economic regulation on long term safety outcomes